You will agree with me when I say,
On a long hike and hunting session, carrying the rifle in your hand is very tiring and unconventional.
Moreover, it also makes you more tired, which will result affect your hunting. So, to get rid of these problems, people use a gun sling. It will conveniently hold the gun around your shoulder and reduce the felt weight of the gun. This will also make your long hunting hikes comfortable. Choosing the best one is a hectic job as there are millions of them in the market. So, we have tested and reviewed the 7 amazing hunting rifle slings. Under the reviews, there are benefits and buying guides of the rifle slings to make your task easier.
Rifle slings are easy to buy when you are buying them from a shop. But here are the things to consider if you are purchasing a rifle sling online.
- Comfort: Comfort is a huge factor. Comfortable slings are generally wide and have a soft pad for extra comfort. Wide slings are more comfortable because a wide sling will evenly distribute the weight on a bigger area, resulting in reducing fatigue. The pad on some grip helps a lot to reduce the felt weight of the rifle.
- Design: It is also an essential factor because we need an excellent design to easily attach mounting hardware and adjustment. A good sling is adjustable for every size of an arm, and mounting is straightforward. The sling is also capable of attaching 3rd party mounts to different rifles.
- Purpose. You must know why you are using the sling. Like if you are going to use the sling for a long hunting session, then prefer buying the one with a wide strap and a has a soft pad. The type of gun also affects the purpose of the strap. There are different straps for different kinds of rifles, so choose wisely.
- Material: Material is one of the vital factors to consider. The best sling always has a leather construction. Leather is excellent for extreme grip, stability, and hiking. But there are other materials like cotton, Nylon, paracord, etc. So, look for the best material and buy the top hunting rifle sling.
Best Hunting Rifle Sling 2021:
You can choose the top Hunting Rifle Sling from the list below:
Read More: Best Long-Range Scopes Under $1000
Why we love it?
- Two points sling with a metal hook is more durable and wearable.
- The length adjuster sling is easy to attach or unhook.
- Constructed from high-quality Nylon, which offers more support.
|✅Wide openable sling hook to fit all sling mounts.||❌Sometimes it jams while unslinging.|
|✅Length Adjuster for easy adjustment.|
|✅It is very sturdy|
Why we love it?
- The upgraded metal hook works excellent with all attachment hardware.
- Larger clips provide a better wearing experience.
- Elastic bungee straps make it more comfortable than any other two points sling.
|✅Larger clips increase the scope of the application.||❌Plastic build clasps.|
|✅Two points adjustable straps can add or remove tension on the sling quickly.|
|✅You can carry cameras or other heavy stuff easily.|
Why We Love It?
- Quick Release QD sling for 1-1/4″ webbing, and also, it can move around 360 degrees.
- T locking solid nuts that are difficult to break.
- Adjustable length of 60 inches that support the weight of rifle when hurled over the body.
|✅Very easy to install and use.||❌There are four slip locks to adjust the length of 2 point sling.|
|✅Having 2 points sling elastic cord that aids in improving its functions.|
Learn more: 10 best GPS for deer hunting
Why We Love It?
- TLO’s gun straps are highly adjustable that ranges from 33 inches to 44 inches.
- TLO’s gun slings can suspend more than 550 pounds.
- Moreover, we can also use this sling for other purposes such as pulley systems, ropes, and first aid functions.
|✅Paracords are made up of premium high-quality.||❌Adjusting lengths can be tiresome for users.|
|✅Ideal for rifles, shotgun slings and can also be used for crossbows sling strap,|
|✅Highly adjustable metal buckles.|
|✅Lighter than others.|
Why we love it?
- Built with chafe-resistant nylon mesh webbing and top-quality polymer hardware to add durability.
- Can be used with an adjustable forward loop to attain a steady shooting position.
- Well-tested for reliability and performance in different conditions.
|✅Allow easy mobility while shooting.||❌The sling keeper is tight.|
|✅Enhanced safety due to sling keeper.|
|✅Lightweight and Affordable sling.|
Read more on 6.5 Creedmoor vs 7mm-08
Why we love it?
- Equipped with two elastic protective sleeves to avoid scratches and reduce noise.
- Strong and stabilized sling with two-point QD design.
- #550 paracord sling with a comfortable width of 1.3″ – 1.4.”
|✅Attachments are easy to connect.||❌Paracord may appear stiff to some users.|
|✅Good construction makes it more durable and long-lasting.||❌Swivels are too long.|
|✅It is a versatile sling used to support the rifle as well as carry it.|
Why we Love it?
- The gripper grips the shoulder firmly.
- Extremely comfortable soft padding for max shock absorption.
|✅Soft, comfortable, and flexible.||❌Swivels are not correct.|
|✅Available in 4 colors.|
Learn more about Is 6.5 Creedmoor for Elk Hunting?
What is a Rifle Sling?
A Rifle Sling is a type of strap or a harness that helps the shooter carry his/her rifle on the shoulder or arm. Sling also allows the shooter to shoot efficiently with some extra stability. A sling has an adjustable loop.
The loop is designed to let the arms slip through it when the shooter comes into field-shooting position. If you are using the loop correctly, the rifle sling will hold on to your arm very tightly; this will stabilize the rifle and support your shooting elbow and knee.
Rifle sling has a significant effect on the stability of the rifle and the aim of the shooter.
Slings are made from many different materials like leather, silicone, cotton, Nylon, etc. The best one is the leather slings; they are comfortable, grippy, and strong, while the worst one is cotton due to its weakness. The cotton slings are comfortable, but they are suitable for beginners as they break very easily and not built to last very long.
How to use a Rifle Sling?
There are two common uses of a rifle sling.
It can be used to carry the gun easily on long hunting sessions.
It provides support and stability when shooting.
The carrying is not a difficult thing. Simple hold the sling and put it around your shoulder. The sling will drastically reduce the gun’s felt weight and make your hike way more straightforward and less straining.
Using a rifle sling for the shooting is excellent but a bit technical. Let’s get to know about that.
Firstly, attach the sling to the rear and front of the rifle. Before that, you have to detach the rear end from the rifle. Disconnecting the rear end will allow you to create a loop.
You will pass your supporting arm through the loop (if you are triggering with the right arm, then the left arm is your supporting arm and vice versa). This will allow you to anchor the rifle with your supporting arm. This process makes the gun very stable and will enhance your aim.
Benefits of Rifle Sling.
The main benefits of a rifle sling include support and stability. But there are some extra benefits of the rifle sling.
A sling makes the gun more portable. Rifle sling is a must-have when you are doing long hunting sessions or hiking through the forest searching for prey.
Sling makes the gun very easy to carry over the shoulder and reduces the felt weight of the rifle. This is the reason that we always recommend using rifle slings for extended shooting sessions.
Although scopes are the best enhancer of aim slings also play a small part in enhancing the aim. The loop slings wrap around the supporting arm, making the gun very stable. Moreover, it also supports your arm and knee, which are also key factors of a good aim.
Slings are very comfortable because most of them have a soft padded grip. The grip has an excellent effect on the shoulder and arm of the shooter.
What is the correct length of a Rifle Sling?
The length of the rifle sling is a personal choice or preference of a person. But according to us, 40 inches is an ideal length of a rifle sling.
What are swivels?
Swivels are the buckle that ties the sling with the rifle. The swivels can have metal or plastic construction. We refer you to but the sling with metal swivels.
What is the average life span of a Rifle Sling?
The life span of a rifle sling depends on many factors like usage, quality, etc. According to us, an average life span of a great rifle sling is around 10 years.
How to clean and maintain a rifle sling?
Usually, rifle slings don’t ask for maintenance or cleaning. But if there is mud or dust over, then you can clean it with a damp cloth and use oil on swivels to prevent rusting.